Planning an office move can be a daunting task for many especially when you’re supposed to have everything in your business running smoothly. For you to ensure that you have an effective move, it is essential to work with a diligent and reliable office removals company. There are also other essential things that you should put into consideration when planning smooth office removals in Portsmouth, Southampton, Gosport or Fareham.
Tips for a smooth office move
Organizing an office move isn’t something that you do overnight. As highlighted by removal experts at office-removals-london.net, once you’ve established that you need to move, you should plan your office move early so that you can ensure that there’s minimal interruption to your business. Some of the other important tips that will come in handy during your move include the following:
- Plan ahead of time and select a reasonable timeline. As mentioned earlier planning is a crucial aspect of the process. You should start planning at least three to six months before the set date of the move and select a reasonable timeline for the actual move. This will also give you adequate time to get all your affairs in order and inform the employees of the decision in time.
- Choose a suitable location. There are several things that you need to consider when choosing a suitable location to relocate your office to. From the basic infrastructure and necessary amenities, you should ensure that the location is perfect for your business. Also, you will be able to work with an removal company in Gosport that provides its services within the area.
- Select a qualified and reliable office removals company. You should be able to find a reliable removals company to work with at least three months before the actual date of the move. You will also have plenty of time to review different quotes and choose one that suits your budget. Be sure to carefully analyze the quotes and company profiles and reviews to avoid getting scammed. From the manpower to adequate storage facilities, you should hire a company that
- Come up with a budget that you’ll stick to. You certainly don’t want to blow away all of your money on the move. If you had an estimated budget before, the office removal company you work with should be able to guide you through the process of coming up with a more accurate budget estimate.
- Appoint a team to help out with the move. Appointing an in-house team to help out with the exercise will ensure that the removals are done effectively in each department. You can also appoint a team leader to keep everything organized and ensure proper inventory management.
- Ensure your IT relocation team is efficient and reliable. You should hire a company that will ensure safe movement and relocation of your IT equipment. Considering how delicate IT infrastructure is, you wouldn’t want to lose any of your important data in the process.
- You should also ensure that the office furniture removal service is reliable. You should ensure that the company you hire can carry all of the furniture in the office, whether big or small. Therefore, you won’t need to hire someone else for the job.
- Thoroughly sort everything before the move. This will make it easier to distinguish between the waste and the useful items and also avoid having any clutter in your new office space.
- Ensure the waste is properly disposed of. There are several environmentally friendly ways you can choose to dispose of the waste. You can either decide to donate what you no longer need, reuse or even upcycle. Your mover should choose an option that is compliant with the health and safety requirements.
- Don’t forget to update your address change. From the government authorities to any business partners, you should inform them all of the address change. This should also apply if there’s a change in your contact information.
Once you have done all of the above, you can now prepare for your smooth office relocation. From the tips highlighted above it is clear how effective and reliable removal services are to a smooth move. Feel free to reach out to us for a smooth transition to your new office space!